Write Now!

Write Now!

Monday, August 10, 2015

Activity Seven: Polling and Data Collection

For this activity, I  admit that I have previously used Socrative, but Kahoot is entirely new. My students did create Kahoots independently for an 8th grade vocabulary activity callled "Own and Grown". They have used this polling tool in other classes and inspired me!

Socrative.com


I loved the concept of Socrative, but it became problematic when I did not have enough mobile devices. Now, that I have a set of Chromebooks, I am so excited to make this a permanent and consistent tool for data gathering. Socrative helps me view and interpret the data by constructing  the spreadsheet, graphic organizers, visuals, and charts. I am not very savvy with numbers, therefore, I love this feature!

Room 143979
Share Quiz: SOC-16220325

Kahoot


I have created a Kahoot that reviews the the first five comma rules in my Comma Crazy unit. Many teachers at Chippewa already used this tool, and I know it is captivating and meaningful because I have heard many positive student testimonials.






4 comments:

  1. Love socrative and kahoot! I also love that you have a quote Benjamin Franklin on your blog....he is one of the "fab five" in my class :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! Looks like you will be busy using tech next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work. I also ran into problems last year using Socrative without a classroom set of devices. Overall, though, I prefer Socrative to Kahoot because I just felt that, with Kahoot, students were trying to guess so that they were the first one to get it. Socrative allows for some review if they get it wrong. That's just my experience, and I could be wrong; others may use Kahoot differently then I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This coming school year is going to be so different and so much better in so many ways. Last year's anxiety about the complete lack of tech access was debilitating for teachers. I'm so looking forward to a different experience!

    ReplyDelete